Passport & SOFA Services
Passport & Status of Forces Agreement Services
According to the State Department , all U.S. military-affiliated personnel in Germany must apply for passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad through their local U.S. military installation passport office by making an appointment online using the RAPIDS appointment system.
The Department of State has raised the price of some Tourist Passports. All applications done on a form DS-11 will cost $10 more starting April 2nd. More information from U.S. State Department.
GARRISON PASSPORT SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Birth registration (includes birth certificate, passport and SSN processing)
- Passport applications (initial, lost/stolen, mutilated, renewal, name changes)
To improve passport application processing time and to minimize errors on the application, use the USAG Stuttgart Passport Application Instructions.
- Do not use the download or fill out the blank .pdf form option
- In the block “mail to” type the following address: USAG Stuttgart DHR, Unit 30401; ATTN: Passport Office; APO AE 09107 In care of Stuttgart Army. Do not use CMR or P.O. Box.
- Be sure to use the applicant’s permanent physical address (German address or stateside home of record)
- Complete the emergency contact section
- Use full German civilian telephone numbers–no DSN
- Provide parent's given name at birth
- Expedite fees are not available overseas
- If the printed application does not have a barcode in the upper left margin, it is the wrong application – Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- Applications must be printed only on one side of the paper
DS-82–Application for a U.S. Passport by Mail (renewals only)
DS-5504–Name Change, Data Correction, and Limited Passport Book Replacement
DS-3053–Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances for minors under age 16
DS-11–Application for a U.S. Passport
DS-64–Statement Regarding Lost of Stolen Passport
Police or Military Police report (obtained from Police)
- Form SS-5–Application for Social Security Card
- Affidavit of Parentage and Physical Presence
- Immigration Visa
- U.S. Embassy Visa
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Photo Guidelines
- Travel Visa –Contact the consulate or embassy of the country to which you are traveling
- U.S. Consulate Frankfurt
- U.S. Department of State Passport Requirements for Minor Children
- Citizenship for Military Members & Dependents (USCIS)
- Expedited Copies of Birth Certificates (urgent processing via VITALCHEK.com)
- DoD Foreign Clearance Guide (This access is by government computer only.)
Passport & SOFA Office
- Location: Panzer Kaserne, Building 2915, Room 314.
- Commercial Telephone:
- Defense Switched Network (DSN):
(314) 431-2009 / 2539 / 2301 /2767
- Email Box: click to compose email
Hours of operation:
Mon, Tue, Thur & Fri:.
8:30 a.m.– Noon, 1 - 4 p.m.
(Appointments Required for Passport Applications)
Walk-in Services: In/Out-processing, SOFA Card, Passport Pickup, and Questions
Closed on all U.S. Federal Holidays
Online Appointments: RAPIDS appointment system
APPLICATION CHECKLISTS AND INSTRUCTIONS
CONSULAR REPORT OF BIRTH ABROAD
Please contact passport office for additional information prior to making an appointment with our office
Initial and Renewal
- Passport Application Instructions