Installation Access Control
Installation Access Control System
IACS, a personnel access verification system, is a central network database linked to all Installation Access Control Offices, selected Central Processing Facilities, MP Stations, and Access Control Points in USAREUR and USAFE (Germany only), and will produce an installation pass for those authorized access.
- Army in Europe Regulation 190-16, Section III
- DOD ID cardholders stationed in Europe (on orders) must be registered in the IACS.
- Reserve DOD ID cardholders who are permanently assigned to the 7th Civil Support Command (7th CSC)
- DOD ID cardholders who are on TDY (on orders) in Europe. These individuals may be registered in the IACS for the duration of their TDY.
- Active duty military personnel and retirees who are visiting Europe. These individuals may be registered in the IACS for the duration of their visit, up to 90 days, or the date specified by the host nation visa.
- Retired military members living the host country. These individuals may be registered in the IACS if they have an Aufenthaltstitel from the host country. Retirees visiting the host country may also register in IACS for the duration of their visit.
- DOD ID cardholders (including minors) who are EU citizens but are not command-sponsored (no SOFA status). These individuals may be registered in the IACS for the duration of their stay or the expiration date of their ID card, whichever is earlier. NOTE: Individuals who have multiple DOD ID cards (for example, a military retiree who is now a DA civilian employee or a technical expert status accreditation (TESA) contractor) must choose which DOD ID card they want to use for IACS registration and use that card to gain access to installations.
Policies & Procedures
- Army in Europe Regulation 190-16, Section IV
- DOD ID cardholders who are 18 years old or older and military spouses under the age of 18 have sign-in privileges. If this privilege has been suspended, it is documented in the IACS and will be checked by a guard in the IACS when the DOD ID cardholder tries to use his or her sign-in privileges.
- Except for individuals in the NATO Member and Department of State and American Embassy Personnel categories, installation-pass holders are not granted sign-in privileges unless authorized by the sponsoring organization. Sign-in privileges are documented on the front of all installation passes with any qualifications (for example, contractors and vendors only) listed in the remarks block on the back. The installation-pass holder must be at least 18 years old.
- Temporary installation-pass holders are not authorized sign-in privileges.
- DOD ID cardholders not registered in the IACS are not authorized sign-in privileges. Exceptions are for active duty DOD ID cardholders who are either on TDY or leave. (For example, a DOD ID cardholder who is on leave from a deployment and visiting USAG Garmisch may sign in Family members and guests with an approved leave form.)
- Sign-in privileges are limited to signing in four individuals and their vehicles at any one time.
- Individuals who require recurring access will not use sign-in procedures to avoid the installation-pass application process or access-roster requirements.
The sponsor will monitor the activity of individual they sign-in and be responsible for their conduct. Failure to follow sign-in policy and procedures may result in the withdrawal of sign-in privileges.
- Location: Bldg. 2915, Panzer Kaserne
- Commercial Telephone: +49(0) 07031-15-2875 / 2889
- Defense Switched Network (DSN): (314)431-2875 / 2889
Hours of operation: Mon.–Fri.,8 a.m.–4:00 p.m., Closed on U.S. Federal holidays.