Garrison to temporarily suspend tourist passport services as of Dec. 2. Read more on the Stuttgart Citizen.
Passport and Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA)Section
To provide equitable, accurate, timely and efficient customer service to the Stuttgart military community through the Central In-/Out-processing Facility, Personnel Services Branch, Passport and SOFA services, ID Cards, Retiree Services and Casualty Assistance while establishing and maintaining strong relationships with our stakeholders to enhance the well-being of the Stuttgart military family.
Passport Services include processing:
- Birth registration
(includes birth certificate, passport and SSN processing)
Passports Applications (initial, lost/stolen, mutilated, renewal, name
changes, and add VISA pages)
- SOFA Identification Certificate
- Report of Birth Abroad -- To schedule an appointment for a Report of Birth Abroad, call the Passport Office at 431-2301/2539 or civ. 07031-15-2301/2539.
Helpful hints to completing a passport application
To improve passport application processing time and to minimize errors on the application, use the "passport application wizard" online at www.travelstate.gov.
Create the form, print and bring it to the passport section. The application must have the barcode in the upper left margin of the first page with applicant's data.
- Do not use the download or fill out the blank .pdf form option
- In the block "mail to" type the following address:USAG Stuttgart DHR, Unit 30401; ATTN: Passport Office; APO AE 09107 In care of Stuttgart Army. Do not use CMR or P.O. Box.
- Applicant's permanent physical address (German address or stateside home of record)
- Complete the emergency contact section
- Use German civilian numbers -- no DSN
- Parents' birth date cannot be blank
- Expedite fees are not available overseas
- If the printed application does not have a barcode in the upper left margin, it is the wrong application - - Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- Application must be printed only on one side of the paper
Passport Application Checklists
Tourist Passports: services temporarily suspended
- Under 16 y/o (Initial and renewal)
- Initial Issue for Adults (16 y/o and older)
- Renewal Tourist Passports (Adults)
- No-Fee Passports -- Active Duty Military Dependent Renewal
- No-Fee Passports -- Minors under 16 Renewal
- Official Passports Initial Issue (Active Duty)
- Official Passports Renewal (Active Duty)
- Official Passports (Civilian Employees -- Initial Issue)
- Official Passports Renewal (Civilian Employees)
- Child Citizenship Act of 2000 - CCA Checklist
- Mutilated Passport Report
- Mutilated Passport Re-application
- SOFA Checklist for restricted country passport; for detailed list click here
- SOFA Checklist for non-restricted passport
- Visa Pages (add additional pages to passport)
- Expedite Processing and Emergency Leave
- Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16
- If you are replacing a Lost or Stolen
passport/passport card you need forms
DS-11, DS-64 and a police or MP report
- Application for a U.S. Passport/passport card.
- DS-64 - Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport
- DS-82 - Renewal Application
- DS-4085 - Application for Additional Visa Pages
- DS-5504 - Name Change, Data Correction, and Limited Passport Book Replacement
- Form SS-5 - Application for Social Security Card
- Affidavit of Parentage and Physical Presence
- Immigration Visa or U.S. Embassy
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Photo Guidelines
- Travel Visa -- Contact the consulate or embassy of the country you are traveling to
Other helpful links:
- State Department
- Citizenship for Military Members & Dependents (USCIS)
- Birth Certificates (urgent processing is via VITALCHEK.com)
- DoD Foreign Clearance Guide: This access is by government computer only.
DSN: (314) 431-2539/3062/2301/2009/2767
CIV: +49(0) 07031-15-2539/3062/2301/2009/2767
Hours of operation:
Walk-in services: Mon, Tue and Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.•
Closed Wednesdays: application processing, training•
Thursdays closed for Reports of Birth and Appointments and families of five or more applications • Closed on all U.S. Holidays•